IOWA CORN CLASSIC OPEN
AUCTIONEER CONTEST RULES
CONTEST DATE: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2023
REGISTER BY NOON ON FEBRUARY 3, 2023 TO BE INCLUDED IN EVENT BROCHURE AND MATERIALS.
- The Iowa Corn Classic Open Auctioneer Championship is open to all auctioneers over 18 years old
- A maximum of 25 contestants are accepted
- All contestants must sign disclosures on the entry form. Failure to sign disclosure section of the entry form could result in removal from the contest
- All contestants will compete together, no separate divisions are provided
- All contestants must bring three (3) items each with a retail value of $50 to sell in the preliminary round
- ALL decisions of the judges are final
- The Iowa Corn Classic Open Auctioneer Championship has a minimum of five (5) judges. All scores count.
- The order of contestants is established by random draw
- ALL contestants must attend the MANDATORY meeting at 10:30 AM on the day of contest at auction site. Items will be checked in at that time.
- Contestants must be dressed and ready to compete by 10:30 AM on the day of contest
- Any contestant not in attendance at the 10:30 AM meeting forfeits their eligibility for the Iowa Corn Classic Open Auctioneer Championship and forfeits fees - no refunds, no exceptions
- Attire during Iowa Corn Classic Open Auctioneer Championship is suggested to be “professional”
- The top seven (7) highest scores will proceed to the finals. Scores reset and start anew in final round.
- Three (3) items are provided by the contest committee for each contestant in the final round.
- The contest is recorded and live-streamed
- All contestants receive one (1) complimentary promotional listing with contact information in online program
- The event is held in conjunction with the 2023 Iowa Beef Expo and will follow those additional rules and guidelines during the event.
- Any revisions or changes announced on the day of contest will take precedent over any printed material
- The Iowa Corn Classic Committee or authorized designees will set the sound system and may adjust to benefit the contest
- The Iowa Corn Classic Committee reserves the right to except or reject any contestant’s entry into the contest for any reason the committee deems appropriate
- Each contestant agrees to upload a high quality, professional photo and a personal bio (75 words or less with top (2) auction specialties) upon entry. If information is not provided upon entry, IAA reserves the right to exclude contestant from the online catalog.